Saturday, September 6, 2008

Take me to your dealer!

The dull throbbing in my wrist is just a gentle reminder of the pain that consumed me this morning. Short version: I got me some drugs ... I got me some GOOD drugs, man!

I am totally zonked out on some kind of pain killer/anti-inflammatory combination. No wonder they told me not to have it before having a meal! Here I am, typing away with a hand I could not brush my hair with this morning.

Which reminds me: I've discovered a couple of things today:

1) My left hand is useless ... plain useless!

2) I am unable to dress with only my left hand and need assistance with various clasps and suchlike. Super for the self-esteem.

3) One hand cannot tie long hair into a ponytail ... and neither can two perfectly good hands attached to a 40-something male, it would seem!

4) Non-prescription drugs, for all the bad publicity it gets, are undeniably useful.

So maybe, once my daze wears off, I'll even bother to read what the contra-indications are of this drug. Just wish they would translate the pamphlet into "English for idiots" too.

But for now at least, I feel gooooood!

No comments: