Friday, September 5, 2008

Rub-a-dub-dub, two girls in a tub!

The scene is set: a tub filled with hot water and frothy bubbles, add two girls of similar outlook on life and what are you bound to get? Well, some serious bonding time and loads of laughter, of course!

Enough of that nonsense. So, I'm back from the mine-dump known to some as Gangster's Paradise. And good bloody riddance too (says the Gautengalengers). Not only did I have to suffer the general surroundings, an attack on all my senses what with a horror of a cold, but I also went and did something to my (previously injured) hand and am biting my lip with the pain as I type. Jeez, I am seriously starting to crank up here.

But I'm home ... and my favourite bundle of energy is visiting. Hence the fun and games in the tub. Aaw, bless. Only 7 years old, but we are already like Thelma and Louise. It's important to surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Who cares if your age divided by theirs is a cool prime number (not telling). What matters is that she had fun, I had fun ... and that we have no intention of even wiping the bathroom floor, so there!

So I say to her: "Let's play a game."

"Yeah," she says, "let's play Fear Factor!"

WTF, right? She's 7 bloody years old! Isn't there an age restriction on that show?

"Okaaaaay, but I am not eating any cockroaches!" I state my case quite categorically.

"Eew! Or any gross eye-balls!" she quickly adds, pulling her face suitably in disgust.

Well! Time to quickly switch to a safe game of "I spy".

I've read somewhere that "We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing!"

Cheers to that! And cheers to good, old, gut-wrenching, hysterical fun.

No comments: