Monday, June 3, 2013

Irrevocable

Delicious word.  It  rolls seductively off the tongue because it sounds sort of dirty, doesn't it?

OXFORD Definition of 'irrevocable':

   Adjective - not able to be changed, reversed, or recovered; final:
   Example - 'an irrevocable step'.

And therein lies the problem.  Not being able to change, reverse or recover.  Guillotine-final, if you will.  It is with shock and horror that I am feeling every bit of the finality in so many choices I have made to date.  And these choices cover issues such as selecting the wrong pair of denims, becoming a vegetarian nearly 6 years ago, preposterously thinking I could be "mother-figure' to a broken teenager and also 'settling' in my country of birth despite claims of being a 'citizen of the planet' (thanks for the poetry, Allie).

If anything it would seem there is one thing I consistently excel in and that is to make a decision and stick with it, no matter what the consequences.

So now it would seem there is only one choice to make:

Change it up ...

I double-dare me!

No comments: